These would be perfect for party favors or a birthday craft or to simply make at home. It is a little science experiment and a very cool looking toy when you are through, from Just Mommies.
- A plastic bag
- A small embroidery hoop
- A wooden dowel (if you'd like to make it easy to transport)
- Hot glue and scissors.
- Spray paint the embroidery hoop and the dowel whichever color your'd like to coordinate, or leave them plain for an at home project. Black would be perfect for a spy or treasure hunt party!
- Fill your plastic bag about 10% with water and make sure to seal fully.
- Hold each of the four corners of your water bag together to center the water.
- Lay the bag center down inside the bottom embroidery hoop circle.
- Top with the outer circle and tighten the hoop together for security.
- Turn your hoop over and cut around the bag along the hoop back. Make sure the bag being left behind is pulled tight before cutting.
- Seal off the bag and hoop closer with a string of hot glue (careful with this step if kids are helping).
- Glue on dowel to make the hand hold. Use your magnifying glass to peer into small words, or to explore outside and see ants in a whole new light!
Visit Just Mommies.